Monday, September 20, 2021

Pukapuka / Book Appreciation Week!

  Kia ora whanau! This week we are going to have a book appreciation week to celebrate all the great things that books and reading can do for us. 

To get involved ... Read! Read! Read!

During lockdown this week, place extra focus on reading. Make a special reading log for this week and record all the books you read, including online books (e.g. Epic!). Bring your special reading log to our class Google meets to show and share. Let's see what everyone else is reading. Leave a comment on our blog telling others some of your favourite books you have read this week.

Have a look at the slide below. It has some cool book appreciation activities to do. I would like everyone to complete the 'Create A Book' activity during this week. We will share your books at our class meetings. Also choose 3 of the other activities to do and email me your work.

Remember, this week ... Read! Read! Read!


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Room 16, I hope you have lots of fun doing things that are about books that you enjoy. I think I would draw some of the places that are in my favourite books. Perhaps even draw some things from non fiction books, these are books about facts. I think I would draw some animals and the places they live from my favourite animal book-an elephant in the jungle or a whale under the ocean. I wonder what animal you might draw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Ruma 16. What a cool idea! I finished my book at the weekend so could do with some ideas for new books. I'd love to see your bookmarks, settings and other mahi. And I can't wait to read some of the books that you create.

    ReplyDelete