Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Education outside the classroom

Toward the end of term one we enjoyed two fantastic days of education outside the classroom. One day was held at school doing orienteering using compasses, a nature scavenger hunt and using ropes and sticks to make swings. The other day we went on an adventure up Owairaka maunga (Mt. Albert). We explored the mountain, worked together to complete teamwork challenges, pitched tents and did an exciting Burma trail. As you can see from the photos, the weather was great too. 🌞
















7 comments:

  1. Hey room 16 my name is Felix from room 24 it looks like you had lots of fun I wish I go to go up MT. Albert. what was you favourite thing that you did up there? Thanks for sharing your learning with me. please check out my blog http://odsfelixf.blogspot.com/
    blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your thoughtful comment Felix. We can go on an adventure up Mt. Albert anytime!

      Delete
  2. Hi room 16 it's Neena from room 24.
    I'm jealous that you got to go up Owairaka mountain.
    Did you have lots of fun?
    Thanks for sharing your learning.
    Blog you later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Neena!
      Your blog is fantastic. It's a cool way for me to check out your learning in year 5. 👍

      Delete
  3. WoW! room 16 l👓ks like you had a great time up there was it challenging?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Hazel! I'll check out your blog too and see what you're up to this year. Blog ya later!

      Delete
  4. Hi Mr Faulder I loved EOTC. I could not even choose what my favourite thing was! Although I did like the team work activities you did with us up the mountain. I think that Mr Greenfield's activity was a bit scary but fun at the same time. I loved the whole thing a lot. See you soon, Tulsi

    ReplyDelete